Sonntag, 8. Dezember 2013

Back home again - Wieder zu Hause



I’m back home – and the best thing is : Both of the tumors turned out to be benigne. I was just in time. Thanks God!
I’m so glad, because my mother died of ovarian cancer when she was at my age, as well as her mother, my grand-mother. And her mother, my great-grand-mother, died of  „abdimonal cancer in those femal parts“ (so I was told), too. In the 20s of the last century they didn’t survey and diagnose that specifically – at least not in rural places.
The other grand-mother on my faher’s side died of breast cancer when being at my age. (And my father died of stomach cancer, when he was only 36 years old; his father died of cancer as well).
So from a very early age on I knew that cancer would be my fate, too. Well, for now I can put that thought aside for a while.
How do I feel now? Relieved in the first place. And I can’t die of ovarian cancer ever. It’s been all removed, together with all the rest of those female organs. There is still the risk of breast cancer, but that can be controlled, whereas ovarian cancer can’t be.
Though it still hurts a little bit when moving around, I’m very happy about that sort of pain. It shows me that I’m still alive. I’m not allowed to heave or carry more than 3-4 kg for weeks to come. So when moving around the house I first have to think and then to do it – whatever it is. 

So I’ve got the best excuse ever to knit heaps……


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Ich bin wieder zu Hause – und das Beste ist, dass beide Tumore gutartig waren. Ich war also noch rechtzeitig dran. Gott sei Dank!
Ich bin so froh darüber, weil meine Mutter am Eierstock-Krebs starb, als sie in meinem Alter war, genauso wie ihre Mutter, also meine Großmutter. Deren Mutter, also meine Urgroßmutter, starb am „Unterleibskrebs“. In den 20er Jahren des vergangenen Jahrhunderts wurde das noch nicht so genau untersucht und differenziert - erst recht nicht auf dem Lande.
Die andere Großmutter auf meines Vaters Seite starb an Brustkrebs in meinem Alter. (Und mein Vater starb an Magenkrebs, als er erst 36 Jahre alt war; sein Vater starb ebenfalls an Krebs.)
Dadurch war mir schon von frühen Kindesbeinen an klar, dass mich das Schicksal eines Tages genauso ereilen wird. Aber jetzt kann ich es erst mal für einige Zeit abhaken.
Wie ich mich grade fühle? Erleichtert in erster Linie. Und ich kann nicht mehr an Eierstock-Krebs sterben, denn alles wurde in einer totalen Totaloperation entfernt. Es bleibt das Risiko des Brustkrebses, aber das kann durch enge Kontrollen eingegrenzt werden, während Eierstock-Krebs-Vorsorge überhaupt nicht möglich ist.
Obwohl alles noch zwickt und zwackt, wenn ich mich bewege, bin ich über diese Art von Schmerz glücklich. Es zeigt mir, dass ich noch eine Weile lebe. Ich darf auch noch wochenlang nichts heben und tragen, das schwerer ist als 3-4 kg. Deshalb heißt es auch erst das Gehirn einschalten und dann tun, was auch immer es ist.

Also habe ich nun die Entschuldigung schlechthin gaaanz viel zu stricken…..
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen